Helping others

It seems like when I am at lowest point I find someone who needs help.more than I do, and it always makes me realize that if I wasn't here they wouldn't be either.

These people always have something I can do to help whether it is just a place to sleep for the night or help getting off a horrible kind of drug. I am no kind of therapist or counselor bit these people listen to my advise and do what I ask of them, and at the end it makes me happy to know that I made even a small difference in that persons life and like maybe I am here for a reason.

Right now I have a friend who is trying to stop heroin, she is going on day 4 of cold turkey quitting. I am so proud of her. We really aren't that good of friend so I really don't know why she came to me but I am so glad she did, I have sat and talked to her through her pain, held her and rocked her when she has thought she couldn't do it, and I wonder to myself why can't o do this for myself. How is it so easy to help.others when I cannot even help myself. I know everyone is here for a reason I really thought mine was here to do hair, but then I realized tonight while telling this girl she can do this and the she is amazing that I do help, I may not.be helping hundreds of people but I do make a  small difference in some peoples lives.

I just want all of you to know that you.may not know what it is yet but you are destined for great things, so don't give up yet. I know I will have my moments still but realizing that I can help someone is a great feeling.

I hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment